Was clearing my hard disk space etc today and looked through old photos, had a walk down memory lane. Amazing how photos capture vividly a particular moment, caption a particular unique event..how a photo can enable our mind to recollect something we've long forgotten but the very memory gets intrigued at the very sight of the photo..
A friend (wah quote u! partially) was telling me how memories are likened to one's shadow. Such that, the memories are always there accompanying us, somewhere kept in our memory banks...but they are usually too insignificant for us to notice their presence; just like our shadow always is casted on walls and the ground, but we conveniently take no notice of them on most days.
Well, take a photo and it will last longer. Sometimes we really do need visual reminders to stimulate recollection and relive these memories, good or bad. In the last 3 years, I have at least 20-25k of photos in my albums. HAHA terrible, maybe one day I should aim to print out in hard copy some of the nicer ones. (I've been saying these ever since we bought the first set of digicam 938632 years ago. Maybe film camera is better huh, it forces us to develop every photo taken).
Random photos from xq's past! =)
PL Guzheng tuan cohort when we were in sec 1 aka in 1999, at the PL well capsule. WOW, an exact decade ago.

xq and faith concubineee. My one and only PL classmate who spent the 2 years at temasek JC with me as my classmate. Us at grad night, December 2004.

My JC class aka 24/03 on our last day of school. Which coincided with my birthday that year. 15th October 2004.
PL Guzheng Tuan after playing our songs at SYF 2001! =) 《梅花三弄》and 《延边之歌》..I'm surprised I can still remember the titles. Won't be surprised if I still can remember the notes. =) We used to be able to memorize 984924 songs, including hand/body movements, expressions, notations etcetera... now...OLD ALREADY....

Chinese Orchestra Percussion Grp photo in 2004.

gina and I at ngee ann poly's library! HAHA DON'T SAY I FORGET YOU OK!!! In Year 1, Sem 1. 2006.

Me and darling chin in year 1 sem 1, 2006.

In 2005, before the guys went to army. My JC kbox gang!!

In 2004, Temasek JC Chinese Orchestra concert. Amanda my junior and I.

in 2004, xq at temasek JC study area drawing some nervous system flowchart!

14th February 2007. When FSV people were not very close yet, but we started bonding sessions etc. And had our V Day steamboat, which JJ will still scold us for not inviting him last time. HAHA!
cecilia chin and I at King Albert Park Macs in Sem 2.

Uncle sw, xq and cecilia chin @ Film Cage in Sem 2, after wrapping for 《希望加油站》。

liyean, my going home buddy from secondary school. =)

erm, 3 beggars? HAHAHA art and design project. In 2006, sem 1. gina, jo and meatball look so different now eh!

cecilia chin, COOL GIRL!!! she was our model for art & design project.

shumingbird & xq at Canberra Fair @ Marina Square. The one and only job PL Gang got to work together.

Huzi and xq at Lucky Plaza Macs. Can't remember when, should be 2006. xq pretending to be liang po po. HAHA!

tsun ting and xq. My JC friend who worked at citibank with me. =)

PL Gang before we went escape theme park! Mole knows the exact date for this. TELL ME! HAHA!

weijing and I at Funkie Monkies Cafe @ NUS when they were in year 1. Means 2005.

the poly girls all looking superrr different now. In sem 1 when we were NOT CLOSE...

sherilyn when she was in hospital. It's strange we looked so happy.

xq and mole at Canberra fair, as mentioned above.

xiaobai aka peiwen at canberra fair.

xq, weichao, bq and mole @ Canberra fair. HAHAHA our new friends from the SONY booth. Amazing how I'm still in contact with bq! May 2006.

The end! For now. I love my photo collections. I would be suicidal if I lost these memories altogether. *touch wood*
BYEBYE OFF TO CHANDLER'S SHOOT!
No comments:
Post a Comment