Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

*..Chinese Orchestra goes modern..*

WOW, jj just showed me some links to Nanyang Polytechnic's Chinese Orchestra's recent performance at the Esplanade. xq is melting..... The only time I ever heard modern songs played with Chinese instruments would be "Amazing Grace" when PL Guzheng Tuan performed it in alliance with PL Handbells choir at our farewell concert in 2002 when I was Sec 4. Which reminds me, I haven't gotten the DVD from my conductor. Wahahaha... I want!

Chinese pop on chinese instruments, hoho! To top it off, high quality videos. Always wanted that of my performances, but guess it'd be something that will never be fulfilled cos xq will have no more such performances.

SHE- 安静了



The original version sung by S.H.E, haha one of xq's favourite songs recently.



Another instrumental rendition of Stefanie's song <<我怀念的>> by Nanyang Poly Chinese Orchestra.



The original performed by Stefanie Sun.



wahhhh times like this that makes me miss the tedious PL Guzheng Tuan practices and Temasek JC Chinese Orchestra times with annoying conductors that make life hell for us, but the payoff after each performance is just so priceless and irreplaceable. Heh heh, think if we don't say..no one would ever think xq and shumingbird were from Chinese Orchestra back in JC days! Muahahaha.... 5-6 years ago!

How time flies.

Maybe it's time to visit PL Guzheng practices with friends!

The best rendition of low quality and shaky movements videos I could find of PL guzheng on youtube. Our all-time favourite song, 男儿当自强, that never fails to wow people at performances or orientations. But in fact, the song is the simplest song to play, all but team effort. Aww, kinda miss the conductor Thum Soon Boon aka laoshi. Check out his drastic movements. haha!

男儿当自强


goodbyee, off to do something useful.

No comments: