Today's a truly blessed day, give thanks =)
Got 2 consecutive calls from 2 friends who managed to get a freelance project contact on hand and asked me to work with them if the deals get made. So I did 2 quotations ...very worriedly... It's just too hard to strike the balance, maybe I will get better at the game with practice and with some mistakes and rejections. The balance of how much is too much, how much is too little, how much is mutually beneficial to both the client and us? All boils down to NEGOTIATION- the magic word we always learn at Chapman but I haven't been able to fully master yet.
Got to know this new friend at work, he's uncle kx's buddy and we call him se bei bei. He shall be my role model! For whatever amount he quotes the client, he can somehow magically get them to agree even if the final sum is outrightly outrageous. Woo, role model uncle!
So fingers-crossed, for a busy and fulfilling August.
But apart from that, August seems exciting enough already.
5th August: Crowbars 2011 results will be out. Fingers crossed.
6th August: There's a really interesting pilot shoot with the uncles on Saturday, and they gave me the chance to be a videographer! HAHAHA XQ A VIDEOGRAPHER?!?! 10 videographer crew and I got to choose some of the other crew, so woo! A fun shoot with all the people I know.
9th August: HAPPY NATIONAL DAY! I wanna see fireworks again this year. I totally loveee fireworks to an obsession.
10th August: Happy 2nd Anniversary to the Piggers! Marveling at how time flies. =)
12th August: Pea pea's birthday party! Reunion with the FSV people.
There are 2 more public holidays. One for Hari Raya and one for Presidential Elections TBC.
What else in August? Oh I'm about to close the most annoying project of all times- my 2nd project since graduation and I can never seem to close it cos the client keeps adding new wants! Zzzzzz OMG 2 months of editing the same BORING project, it's FINALLY coming to an end! =)
And August, yet another month to explore a new array of possibilities at work and meeting new friends. These 2 months, I made an impressive number of friends with all that job-hopping on projects. Really an eye-opener and I truly cherish all the time spent with every one of them - whether or not the friendship continues after the project ends, or we just don't keep in touch after the project closes.
天下无不散之宴席, partings are but part and parcel of life.
Indeed I feel a sense of loss each time a friendship blossoms, but dies off soon after because of circumstances. But well, if you're meant to be life-long friends, you will reunite somehow. =) If you don't, at least it was a happy few days-few weeks or months spent!
And everyone who comes in and out of our lives, they leave invisible footprints that remain with us for the rest of our lives, whether they are physically there or not.
Hmmmm WHY AM I SO RETROSPECTIVE ALL OF A SUDDEN?
Must be the hour of the night.
May the month of August pose new challenges for me and be a bountiful experience that I can carry with me for the rest of my journey ahead =)
MEOW!
OH MY 4TH GMARKET PARCEL HAS ARRIVED! but it's at the post office cos no one was home to accept the parcel today. WOOO CAN GO POST OFFICE COLLECT TMR! TOTALLY THRILLED! I reckon it's the skirt and rompers I bought last week!
Oh and month of August, alot of catching up to do with old friends that I haven't met in a loong time. Alexandria aka "xq", Joanne-Marie my laopopo, Cherylene my kindergarten friend, my JC clique, my JC supper gang and of course my PL Gang =) Like mole the pervert, fionna, shimin, xiaobai and weijing the hot babe!
OH AND I THINK I'M GONNA BUY MY IPHONE 4 AND FINALLY UPGRADE TO AN IPHONE PLAN THIS AUGUST!! *hyperventilates* YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY TO COME!!
I think I can never end this post at the rate I'm going. So goodnight world!!
No comments:
Post a Comment