And as we age, we realise the fragility of relationships and life in general.
How many of those you deem your closest friends would still be in your life,
5 years down this path?
How many of your cherished ones,
actually cherish you as much as you cherish them?
These days, I tend not to attach myself too emotionally to people and objects.
For the people who are meant to stay in your life, will somehow still be around at the end of the day, I guess.
They'll be special to me and stay precious in my heart;
In my own quiet ways, I'll treasure them with all my heart and mind.
But when the time comes for them to move on to greener pastures,
I'll take heart and let them go;
For all that stays within me are the invaluable memories,
that no amount of gold can buy.
Such is the reality of things one must learn to accept in life's journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment