If you were to ask me what my greatest fear is, it would not be death, but the death of a loved one.
It's depressing how unpredictable life can be, the fragility of it all. Cliched as it sounds, we really have to cherish every precious moment spent with a loved one, for we may lose them the very next moment and don't want any room for regret.
I'm not an expert at coping with death of a loved one, considering no one can ever master this type of "skill" for every relationship and love is unique in their own way. I've only faced 2 in my life so far, the really really close to my heart ones, my maternal grandpa and paternal grandma. And already, I'm drearing the 3rd, 4th, 5th and all the rest I'll be facing in the course of my life.
It's a kind of hurt that doesn't sink in initially, that you don't want to believe it's happening, yet you feel a sense of loss and aimlessness. You want to talk about it; yet at the same time, talking about it reminds you of many things. You'd rather not talk and be alone; yet silence would engulf your wildest imagination and emptiness from within.
The most difficult part is imagining life without the person from then on, and continuing everyday activities in the same manner, but with a part of your life missing. Things may be the same, but you're just never the same old again.
I can hardly imagine losing someone so dear to me, it already brings tears to my eyes at the mere thought of it.
I can't imagine the anguish in your heart, I don't know how I can add some cheer to your day, I don't know how I can help in any way at all.
All I know is, I just want to be there for you, whenever you need a listening ear or even just someone/a figure to be there to fend off the cold gusts of wind.
*hugs* Be strong, but not too hard on yourself. We're always here for you, for as long as you desire =)
No comments:
Post a Comment