Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

*..I think I just found another favourite movie..*

My Best Friend's Wedding (1997).


*swoons*

This has got to be one of the nicest films I've watched to date! It's been 30 mins since I finished watching it, but my heart feels a little heavy...in a good way I guess...I feel happy and sad for the female lead all at once.... I imagine myself in her shoes, and in the male lead's shoes...and you just get this combination of a very mixed feelings! Somehow, I feel like I can identify with how they're feeling, to a very small extent..

Great performance.
Perfect casting.
Bitter-sweet plot.
Magical moments.
Romantic elements.

Wah, everything's so nice about it. LOVE IT TO BITS.

Here's the theatrical trailer.




There is this lingering feeling in my heart. Like something's tugging. I know this sounds really strange, but that's what I'm feeling now don't know why! So far the other films that made me feel this way are "UP" and "Girl, Interrupted". Probably more, but can't recall off hand.

This is, the most beautiful scene in more ways than one, of the entire film. Totally magical.



"If you love someone you say it...
You say it... right then... out loud...
....otherwise the moment just passes you by."


A very sentimental film that touches right through my heart, which teaches us that love is not about possessing, but about seeing our loved one through happiness.

The magical way great films work never fails to blow my mind.

No comments: