When I 1st started on this AFC editing stint, dreaded work every single day just cos the deadlines got crazier and crazier. A highly stressful environment, it was overpowering and taxing on the editors physically and mentally.
Everyday, my freelance editor friends and I countdown to the last day of our contracts, we even had to countdown to lunch time, and then knock-off time to maintain our sanity.
We were so darn sure that 31st October would be the happiest day of our lives when we're freed of all that misery.
Or so we thought.
Our 1st day was 12th September 2011.
Who would have thought.... these 7 weeks would pass by this quickly.
Who would have thought.... we're actually reluctant to leave this project.
7 weeks of being 24/7 in the office, our post-production team has grown closer to each other as the days go by. Working hand in hand, covering each others' deadlines after we have completed our individual parts. Staying back in office, cursing the director together, forming our little inside jokes...
Taking turns to fall ill one by one... our entire team of 6 editors and 2 producers fell ill like a domino effect after the head editor brought his germs to the office.. And I had to even fall ill on my birthday weekend...
Spent my 25th birthday in office;
Chapman friends surprised me at office lobby on my birthday eve;
The daily routine of exchanging ID at the guard post at Fusionopolis' lift lobby;
Our non-food court routine every Friday to celebrate the end of a week;
Daily shopping sprees at Cold Storage on junk food to keep ourselves awake;
Sharing of little stories;
Gossiping about the contestants in the show we're editing;
Sieving through a mountain of footages and cursing together;
Nerve-wrecking director viewings;
Minding our own business when the senior editors fight with the director in the online suites;
Sneaking off together from work to avoid OT-ing for too long;
Post-production team cluttering to our suite whenever they want sweets or junk;
I'm missing all of these already, and gonna miss the people in the team.
Not forgetting the late dinners with panda on days that he ends shoot before I knock off. MEOW! Holland V, our new hang-out. And the yummy dinners that I look forward to after a draining day at work each day.
Today, our most respected senior freelance editor walked out of the project after a squabble with the director. He left without a chance to say goodbye to us. It felt a little sad after that.
I'll remember these 7 weeks of my 2011. Apart from it being a high profile job for us, I'll cherish the friendships and relationships formed with these people. =)
Especially the other 2 freelance editors, Joanne and Celine, what would we do without each other? =)
I guess, the saddest part of this parting would be... we wouldn't know when our paths will cross again, cos to begin with, unlike the rest who have been hard-core editors all through their career paths, they will cross each others' paths from time to time.
But who knows when I'll meet them on a job again?
Really hate partings like these. A bitter-sweet feeling knowing that as time passes us by, these would become mere memories and some of these friendships would disappear gradually.
All in all, this is one assignment I didn't regret taking up. Overall, there's more to gain than lose. There's immense job satisfaction when we view the end products. We feel like we've contributed significantly to the project, as we've been creatively involved at every stage of it.
天下无不散之宴席,
有缘再相逢!
Sometimes, it's the memories that remain the sweetest representation of a period in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment