Pages

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

*..xq loves film screenings!!..*

Helloo world!

Many film screenings coming up in the next 2 weeks! And many many more weeks to come! I shall attend any screening that catches my eye if I have the time to! Substation la, SAM la, sinema la, FMS la etc. Love it.

This one seems interesting! SMU Film Fest. Can drag DAO KIA aka yeekai there or sth. This is in conjunction with SMU's Arts Festival activities. Take a look at their OFFICIAL WEBSITE for a list of events or rather, a calendar of it.


They actually have a blog for it with the details RIGHT HERE!!

Found the program booklet outside FMS (aka school) office few days back, and was delighted. Hope xq can go!!! pls pls pls! Cos tentatively gonna have some filming on the 1st 2 days of the screening. *sob* Nvm, I'm left with the final day! Erm but I want to go the 2nd day! =(

When I got home & checked my email, Michael Kam aka lecturer sent us another mail. Our faculty has screenings once a week, film maker series aka film-maker (usually the director) comes down for Q & A session after that. Really like listening to them tell stories, and talk about their experiences. Just went for one yesterday, erm but I fell asleep here and there. Britain short films. BUT MARILYN SLEPT MORE. HAHA ORH HOR! she woke up when the credits were rolling! =p Guess british short films just aren't our cups of tea.


Date of screening: 13th January (Tuesday)
Time: 6.30 - 9.30pm
Venue: FMS Preview Theatre (Blk 52 #09-05)
Seminar guest: Cheng Ding An, Director - Merlion Pictures


About the film: "Kallang Roar" may possibly be Singapore's first sports bio-pic.
The film centres on veteran football coach Uncle Choo, who is not only battling diabetes but an entire board of officials who are ready to oust him when he returns to the Singapore scene in 1977 to lead the national team. Together with a rag-tag group of players, the unorthodox coach trains his men to attempt the near-impossible: break the Malaysia national team's 12-year unbroken winning track record. The film stars veteran actor Lim Kay Siu, FMS alumni Randall Tan and Santhanaram Jayaram.


Wow didn't expect them to screen this film that soon. Watched the Kallang Roar short film version the other time. Shall go for this if I can make it. =) Might have a shoot on that day too.

And the next one, loveee it! Have been wanting to catch THE DAYS, but the screening days/times always clash with my schedules.


Date of screening: 20th January (Tuesday)
Time: 6.30 - 9.30pm
Venue: FMS Preview Theatre (Blk 52 #09-05)
Seminar guest: Boi Kwong, Director - Originasian Pictures


About the film: "The Days" is based on a true story set in the 80's about an elder brother's misguided efforts to help his younger brother by introducing him to a gang, and the dires consequences of his actions. The film stars Justin Chan, Ivan Lim and veteran actress Yeo Yan Yan (881).


YAY HAPPY ONLY!

erm not really, just excited. Having quite an annoying fever now all of a sudden since the 74 bus journey. Temperature shot up and I've been trembling since. B-rrrrr so cold only. I shall sleep early this once tonight.

No comments: