Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

*..Boringgg day..*

Time crawls by whenever I'm home the whole day.

Today, I played Bejewelled 23862937681 times, but couldn't beat my score. SIAN. I persisted but the persistence didn't pay off.

Today, I caught up with alot of sleep kudos to the nice weather. Too much sleep, I'm now wide awake. Musn't let the cycle repeat again.

Today, I waited for job offer(s).  *Crosses fingers*

Today, I watched the annoying 9pm show on Channel 8 once again.  And was put off by their Interior MRT cabin set. Yuck, so fake and distastefully done.  The "train" was obviously a set and not moving, they still had wideshots.  The seats and banners are so fakeeeee.  One look and the word "IMITATION" screams through the screen.  And to top things off, to create the "moving train" look, they shone the light at the "windows" and panned them left and right in a fake manner.

The plot surrounds a film set mainly, cos 2 of the characters are directors, and one is an actor.  Annoying how the director and crew for the "drama" they were filming in the show always dressed to the nines on set.  Machiam go office meet important client kind of clothes. And their TV drama "set" always consisted of just the director, 1-2 actors and 1 production assistant.  No camera or lighting crew, nothing.....

Inaccurate portrayal of the industry aka real life situation.  Because of this show, my mum nags at me each time she watches them.

Mum: "xq ah you see! told you go to work must wear nice nice alr, why you always wear tshirt and pants? must wear nice nice got image!"

xq: "siao ah, go for shoots of course wear tshirt and pants la! you think go party ah?"

Mum: "You see the show, the girl wear until so pretty.  It's a matter of whether you want to or not.  You just can't be bothered to wear nicer to work lor! Cannot like that you know! Tv showing you good example to follow."

xq: -_-  *speechless*


Today, I stuck true to "a movie a day" campaign and watched Miyazaki's "Spirited Away".  Niceee, I like.  If only the version I had wasn't English dubbed. *shudders* I hate watching English-dubbed shows, prefer them in their native and authentic form. Still nice nonetheless.  I've decided to borrow brother low's Ghibli compilations to watch! Muahahaha!

Today, I thought of how I'm not gonna spend another day like that again.  What a waste of precious time.

Tomorrow, I shall visit my grandma =) At least I'm doing something meaningful, and I'll make her day =)

No comments: