Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

*..If only I were rich..*

Fionna was talking to me about her starting her masters prog @ NTU with her bf on 1st September. JIAYOU PERVERT! =)

And it triggered me to really google about my Masters options.

Just looking at what's available in SG for now, cos it will be cheaper right.  So poor now, can't afford lavish foreign universities.  Then I'll have to factor in living costs and accommodation too, andddddd...LONELINESS! =(  and distance apart from my loved ones.

Looked up

(1) NTU
(2) LaSalle
(3) NYU Tisch Asia

And only NYU Tisch had a Graduate program that caught my eye.  NTU's in mass communication, not my type.  LaSalle's sounded just like FSV and needed 2-3 years -_- 

NYU's Masters of Fine Arts in International Media Producing sounds very much like Chapman (aka what we're doing now).  Half their modules were what we'd done in FSV.  Half were what we'd done in Chapman.  Hmm wonder if there's gonna be exemption of credits.  Anyhows, these are some of the specialized modules. 



Abit turned off when I saw that it's a 3-year course. *coughs* That's even longer than our degree program. 

The next thing threw me off further.

$
$
$
$
$

FRIGGIN USD$44 130 per year!!! times 3?! And that's excluding hidden costs.  OH MY LORD.

xq's from a humble family with no luxurious benefits.  How long will I take to earn that amount? Forget itttttt, just graduate from Chapman, get a nice job and we'll take one step at a time.

Byebye Masters of Fine Arts Programs.  Till I've achieved far greater things in life and deserve a scholarship, will I be qualified to consider you again.

And I always thought most Graduate progs are 1 year duration. Hmm so far those I've seen for media are 2-3 years. 

Sigh, EMOO NEMOOOOOO!!!

May I fulfil this life-long aspiration in the shortest time possible.

No comments: