Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

*..Accusational..*

Generally, I hate being accused by anyone, for anything at all.

Every single person who knows me, even my family, know that I'm the last person to call a spendthrift.  I barely shop unless necessary- all my shoes are spoilt now in one way or other, but I'm broke and I resist. My school bag is spoiling and old, been using it since 2nd year of FSV- it's been 4 years. I try to avoid gatherings with friends unless they're my good friends, or if I'm feeling really rich, or there's a birthday or rare occasions.  I try not to buy drinks when I'm out- that's why I have my water bottle constantly topped up.

I can't have savings because in the 1st place, I don't have a regular income as yet. I don't even have an allowance. So whatever little money I've earned would be money for my expenditure. I budget the spending until I hopefully get a short job stint to tide over, but most of the time I don't get too lucky with the annoying school schedule that hinders every possible job opportunity.

I just need time.  I need to wait till June, after graduation, before I can embark on a full-time job in proper. I'll definitely have savings there.

Just find it plain rude and insulting for someone close to me to be accusing me time and again for being a spendthrift.

So does it mean that someone with no regular income, is not even allowed to spend on the necessities? It doesn't mean that I have to succumb to eating grass and drinking water. It doesn't mean that I can't spend a single cent when I don't earn a single cent.  I just have to do without some luxuries in life like, I'll eat at the food court instead of restaurants. I'll buy cheapo shoes and clothes instead of the more atas kind.

I'm nowhere near high maintenance, in fact I don't expect people to foot bills for me.  I don't expect to be showered with gifts.  I don't expect to be coveted with material goods.  Most people embrace these privileges as part and parcel of life, but I don't demand for all of these.  I was brought up in this way, to depend on myself whenever possible.  I try to be understanding and try my best to cover my own share of expenses whenever I can afford to.  Yet even with these low expectations, you disappoint me time and again with your insensitive and accusing words.

I hate it when problems arise, out of nothingness. A mountain out of a molehill.

No comments: