Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

*..The dreaded day has come..*

After dragging for 2 years, the time has come to take some much dreaded action.

Going off to the polyclinic for a follow-up check up, hopefully we'll get a referral letter to the specialist's and crossing fingers that it wouldn't cost a bomb because I absolutely hate spending money at hospitals or clinics.  Really hate these, cos I think it's a waste of precious money.

*sigh* thought I was over and done with hospital appointment frenzy since my scoliosis check-up days and back brace saga in secondary school days. Think I spent thousands of dollars on specialists' check-ups and X-rays.

Only this time it's not for my back ailment, maybe not yet. We'll see how next time, I think I need Chiropractic help badly.  That would be another few thousands of dollars.

This one seems worse to me. It involves a day surgery.  Nothing too serious the doctor said, just as a precautionary measure.  There's a lump of fat protruding my thigh, the family doctor said I can leave it there as long as it doesn't grow in size.  But it did, of late.  So....Eew, I've never been for a surgery of any sort before, not even a dental surgery or tooth extraction.  All my teeth were self-extracted, by a stroke (or many) of kid's genius.

It's nothing big, but I just don't like the whole idea of medical appointments all over again.

You know, that feeling of vulnerability. Like your fate's in the doctors' hands or his verdict is your destiny? 

Speaking of which, I think I better do a full medical check-up soon, but erm, I'm quite scared of multiple injections/blood tests all within the same time frame.  I'm fine with 1, 2 injections...but don't like needles drawing blood out of me.

Talk to me about dilemmas.

No comments: