You just wish for "forever".
You'd wish that things wouldn't change.
That things would last a lifetime;
And forevermore.
You convince yourself there is still a lifetime to be forged;
and an eternity to cherish.
"Forever" was never a word I'd loosely associate things with. It's something I hold sacred, something I'd never say unless I was sure, doubly, triply, however sure I was. It's one of the few things that has truly meant something to me.
"Forever" is where life, love and hope intersects.
Logically, it makes so much sense.
In reality, it's non-existent.
We can't really be REALLY happy with someone forever, can we?
Bliss doesn't stay with us through eternity;
They are but temporal migrants in our lives.
Call it wishful thinking or self-denial.
Sometimes it doesn't hurt to lie to yourself, just to lift your spirits.
Fairytales, they're not figments of our imagination are they?
There is a certain element of truth to the "happily ever after", isn't it?
Forever is never the same anymore.
But I still wish for "forever" and hold it close to my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment