Today's a sad day. I haven't cried over a furry animal part from Ham Ham since the death of my 2 guinea pigs when I was in Primary 4. Of course Ham Ham is still alive (and for a good many more years I insist!) But sometimes the thought of her having to leave us one day unwittingly brings tears to my eyes.
And today, slave broke news to me about Roo's tragic demise. It all came so suddenly. Roo is slave's bro's studio cat, one of the 2.
And in the most dramatic way, I had quick flashbacks of the times Roo bullied me, of me bullying Roo, filming down moments of his interaction with Boots (the other cat)...and how Boots has been behaving in the strangest manner the past one week, walking around in search of Roo, as though looking for her companion. Mewing pitifully when her search was to no avail.
Who would have thought?
The fragility of life, much less, a cat's life.
And they say a cat has 9 lives, how wrong we all are.
Rest in peace, Roo. May your body rest in a safe place, where you're happily tucking into infinite amounts of yummy treats.
We'll remember you for all the laughter and screams you've brought us.
Your silly and somewhat crazy antics.
Thank you for making a difference in our lives.
And in Boots' life as well.
You know, it's times like this, that I realize how precious the photographs and endless videos I have of Roo, actually are. Which is exactly why I have been taking photos and videos of every other thing, as a point of reference when these things , moments or even people are no longer with me-- figuratively or physically.
Only then, would these cherished moments stay by my side till eternity.
Hence, "Take a picture and it will last longer."


No comments:
Post a Comment