I feel like a bird in a cage, currently.
In more aspects of my life than one.
I feel like there's a gazillion things my heart tells me to do;
yet the brain wills me not to follow my heart.
My heart says I'm still young, hence I should follow my dreams and take risks;
yet the brain nags at me to remain in comfort zone and stay put.
My heart hates myself for giving in to the brain so much;
yet at times it makes itself heard and acts upon it.
The brain chides the heart for not contemplating hard enough on the possible consequences of following one's heart.
Prior to any form of decision, there's always so much to consider: the things you have to give up, the people you have to hurt or leave behind, the risks, the end of comfort zone and stepping feet into a new life, the people who talk about you incessantly, the fear of making the wrong move, the possibility of regret yet there's no turning back..
Well, basically.. fear of the unknown..
As the saying goes, our happiness is in our own hands. It is all up to ourselves.
It makes me wonder if my world view has been clouded all this while. To me, happiness is a grey line, a blurry shade that blends with all other emotions. I guess, happiness is seeing the people around me happy, living up to their expectations and what-nots.
The heart already knows the answer, but the mind is holding back. The mind says: "You have expectations to live up to, think for others."
The heart says: "What a dilemma, I just want to go into a deep sleep."
Alas, escapism prevails and all that remains is a heavy heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment